Building Stamina

I definitely need to continue to work on building mine.  Endurance is a key factor in running, in fact, in any workout program!  I've come to realise that my lack lustre stamina that I've been experiencing lately, is a part of my problem.  I was jump roping for a while, then I stopped.  I discovered that while I was jump roping, my running was much better.  I didn't feel so tired and run down (though lack of sleep contributed to that feeling as well), however, being more physical in other ways, was good for my running!

I ran better today, the tired feeling was gone, and so was my breathlessness.  The reason for this?  My eight year old and I went swimming yesterday and we did swam, not just sit around the pool; competing against each other, and at times when she went off to play by herself, I did some exercise in the water.  That is why my run was so much better today! Eureka!lol!

I've always tried to do other workouts as well as my running.  Lately however, it has been extremely difficult to do anything else but run! Now I really have to make sure that I do continue to do more, pushing myself to become even fitter!

Comments