Run, Fat Girl, Run!

It was a disaster.  Epic FAIL!  My run today was a disaster! First off, my clothes weren't fitting properly, too loose! You would think by now that I would have that right!  Nope!  My allergies were acting up, it's that time of the year, now more than before!  So I was a drivelling mess!  And the topper?  My new sneakers were a disaster to run in!  OMG!!! 

I bought a new pair of sneakers online, yes, online.  I've done that before with successful results.  I did my research and bought a great pair that I hoped would have been the shoes to make my feet "sing"! Plus at half price and no shipping & handling, & a guaranteed return, why not?!  I had to stop half way into the run to take my socks off.  Normally I don't wear socks with sneakers because for me, that is very uncomfortable, (yeah, just call me weird!) and so I took them off, retied my sneakers and continue on the run with my workout partner.  I told her, as usual, go on ahead and I'll catch up, eventually!  I never did! I had to walk, WALK, because the sneakers were rubbing my heels...mercilessly.  I limped back to our destination feeling at a total loss! 

I'm not there yet, that mode I'm trying to get back to when I run, I just "sail" into it, with abandon, feeling the wind against my cheek, my feet moving with grace and lightness as I achieve that runner's high from a great run!  OK, I think I got carried away a bit there, but honestly, that is what I want.  I cannot get to that point because there is always one thing or the other affecting my workout.  I'm not going to feel sorry for myself, disappointed, yes, but this is not the end of it!  I will continue to run until I get it right!  Today may have been an epic failure, but there is always tomorrow!

Comments