In the Quest for Fitness....the Age Factor

In striving to get myself back to and beyond the gorgeous body that I see in my vision, you know, svelte, firm, beautiful, did I say firm...?  

Oh to have the legs of Tina Turner,....
found in a Google search but photo from  here



the body of Beyonce....

found in a Google search but photo from here





....and the arms of Lady O a.k.a. Michelle Obama!

found in a Google search but photo from  here
 



Do you know whose body I also love, as in, lust-after-in-a-non-sexual-girl-you-really-look-good, kind of way?  Kelly Rowland!!!!! She's the one in the middle!

found in a Google search but photo from  here

These are each beautiful women of various body types and sizes.  I may never be as fit as they are, however, in my own way, with my body type, becoming more svelte, will put me up there with the best of them!  Now about that age factor.  I've gone a week and a half without running outside, the weather has been just darn crazy here, monsoon-type rain and various thunderous lightening storms!  Yesterday was the first in a while that it was a beautiful and sunny but hot day!  It was fabulous for a run and I went out in the evening to do just that!  Let's just say, half way through, there I was running like a gazelle (in my head), I felt a side pain and had to slow to a rumbling halt...limping along in a swift walk so as not to come to a complete stop!

I managed to do a run/walk for the rest of my workout, which was better than quitting!  Today, I'm limping, because my side/back muscle hurts! Yes, I did stretch, in all the right ways, unfortunately that didn't seem to help!

That is not going to stop me though. My body may be getting over the hill, but darn it, I will drag/kick with the best of them!


Serenity note: Please do be careful when working out, and always see your doctor...as I will if my aches get any worse!

Comments