There are times when no matter how much you have planned, and how careful you are, things crop up and you miss getting on that plane to wherever it is you were going to.
That can be the most frustrating thing ever. It happened to me once, but when I felt like going home, I went to the desk instead and was very lucky to have a very nice airport ticket agent book me on the next flight and I was so glad to get to where I was supposed to be.
I found out that I was on the right track when I did that because I read an article written by Mark Kahler, Budget Travel Expert on bugettravel.about.com, who gave some suggestions on what to do if this ever happens to you, and I thought what great information to share with you my dear readers, especially if your ticket is a non-refundable one.
If you don't get to the airport on time for your flight, do get there as quickly as possible. Apparently airlines will gladly assist customers who missed their flight due to any kind of emergencies, so have no fear and hopefully you won't have to pay more to get on the next flight.
Mr. Kahler noted that there is likely to be a charge for changing flights, referred to as a "change fee" and if so pay it because it will be a one-time charge and paying it is better than paying for a one-way ticket at a lesser price. Why you might wonder? Well, remember you had a return reservation? The airline may very well cancel it since you didn't take the outgoing plane, and it would be even more bothersome for you to make more arrangements; so pay the fee.
No matter what be courteous to the ticket agent and other airline personnel who will be helping you. Our emotions run amok and may get the best of us, but being courteous will ensure you get the best service.
So remember, if you missed your flight, no matter what, don't give up, just get to the airport quickly, explain your situation, pay the change fee if there's one, stay courteous, and for the last suggestion, especially if you're traveling overseas, follow the link to read more: What to do about a Missed Flight.
I found out that I was on the right track when I did that because I read an article written by Mark Kahler, Budget Travel Expert on bugettravel.about.com, who gave some suggestions on what to do if this ever happens to you, and I thought what great information to share with you my dear readers, especially if your ticket is a non-refundable one.
If you don't get to the airport on time for your flight, do get there as quickly as possible. Apparently airlines will gladly assist customers who missed their flight due to any kind of emergencies, so have no fear and hopefully you won't have to pay more to get on the next flight.
Mr. Kahler noted that there is likely to be a charge for changing flights, referred to as a "change fee" and if so pay it because it will be a one-time charge and paying it is better than paying for a one-way ticket at a lesser price. Why you might wonder? Well, remember you had a return reservation? The airline may very well cancel it since you didn't take the outgoing plane, and it would be even more bothersome for you to make more arrangements; so pay the fee.
So remember, if you missed your flight, no matter what, don't give up, just get to the airport quickly, explain your situation, pay the change fee if there's one, stay courteous, and for the last suggestion, especially if you're traveling overseas, follow the link to read more: What to do about a Missed Flight.


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading with me. I would love to hear your thoughts on what you just read!