Up, up and awayyyy - Shuttle Lift Off





We were headed back from a family outing last evening when my son pointed out something strange in the sky. Because of the crazy drivers around me I didn't noticed until he asked me what that peculiar markings and bright fire-like trails were in the sky. We looked up at the sky and sure enough, there goes the Shuttle Challenger!


I reminded them that the Shuttle was supposed to lift off today but I had forgotten about it, and I hadn't realised that it would be so late in the evening!


One of the advantages of living as Centrally as we do is we can see the shuttle lift offs when they get to a certain position in the sky. What a sight it was! Unfortunately, no pictures but there were other drivers who pulled over to take snapshots!




http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/shuttlemissions/sts119/news/STS-119-01.html

Comments