Cluttered

I dislike clutter. I'm not an A-type personality, I'm not a neat freak.  But, I do like some sense of order and cleanliness where the aesthetics around me leaves me in a euphoric daze.  You know, as long as the place isn't a mess, dishes are washed, bathrooms are cleaned, rooms vacuumed, toys in place, I'm a happy camper!  Then once a month, or every six weeks I would do that detailed cleaning where even under the couches are vacuumed and the corner of the ceilings are cobwebbed (it's a Jamaican thing)! Once that is done, it would be time to attack the clutter that keeps growing in the corners!  However, there never seems to be enough time for that!

Enough Already!: Clearing Mental Clutter to Become the Best YouI don't know how it happens, how is it that a room can get so cluttered?  I look around me and realized that in every corner of my home there is a pile of something, books, clothing, bins with clothing, shoes under a table, papers that needs to be sorted, toys!  What happened?!  You know what else I noticed?  Tote bags, lots and lots of tote bags, well, maybe not a lot of it, but enough to let me feel overwhelmed!  I have stuff in those bags.  Stuff that I refuse to throw out until I've gone over every piece!  I saw Peter Walsh on Oprah and I'm going to follow his steps, after all, I need some guidance here!


So I've decided to declutter my home, again!  I had begun little projects and gotten rid of quite a bit of the stuff I have around, but somehow they are back, or they have let their family members in while I was not looking!  I began on the side of my bed, where somehow, there are totes, magazines, books, receipts; stuff, lying around!  I have made a dent and it feels so good!

Comments