Going all out

I've come to realize something. I need to do more when I work out.  I need to push myself more, to challenge myself to go longer, in order to reach my fitness goal!   I am getting better, at least on good days I really perform well.   I will admit that there are times I am dragging when I work out.  I don't want to be there, I definitely don't want to do it, but I know I must.  And you know what usually happens?  By the time I complete my workout, I'm usually happy that I didn't listen to that whinny part of me!

I didn't have my running partner for two days. Though I could have ran by myself, to me, it's no fun. I decided to use that time to get back into another form of workout that I have been avoiding, utilizing Fit TV to work out.  I spent an hour working out with three of my favorite instructors.  One thing I realize, I am in no way at that place where my body should be, not yet! As soon as I felt myself getting tired, I was ready to quit, but I pushed through the feeling, continued working out, and felt much better for having done so!

Running is not the easiest thing, at least not for me.  I do enjoy doing it, but I sometimes I tend to let my 'head' get in the way of my performance.  I think too much and not only do I not enjoy the workout, it becomes quite painfully tedious!

On my next run I will strive to do even better. living up to the challenge of what I want to be!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an ongoing challenge.. but always worth it! I actually love running on my own, for me it's like mediation on the move.. time to connect with the universe & fill myself with the incredible beauty that surrounds us. Enjoy the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a big challenge. It is actually one that I am learning to enjoy, pushing myself to get to the level of fitness where I've never been before! I'm glad I've got a workout partner to run with, but I do understand your love of running alone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading with me. I would love to hear your thoughts on what you just read!