It is almost my Birthday!

Wow, another year!  It will be my birthday tomorrow and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I'm happy to be alive and well.  I'm happy to be healthy, I'm still married to the same guy I've been in love with since I was 17!

I'm sad my mom and dad have passed on. I'm sad my siblings are not close enough to me physically. I'm sad my best friends are far away, physically.  There are a lot of things I wanted to have checked off my list by now!

Thinking about this, I can do two things.  I can either sit and wallow in misery, whining over the things I have not yet accomplished, weep over the past that I have lost; or I can look forward with the optimism that I try to instill in my children, that I try to live though out my life!

I can choose to enjoy my special day with as much joy and laughter as I know how to.  I can choose to not worry about the small things in life, because they will be there the next day.  And even then, I still don't have to worry about them!  I can choose to celebrate my life, because it is a good life!  I have a family that loves me; friends who love me; I am gainfully employed;  I have a roof over my head and I have a clearer idea of where I want to go with my future!

So I will choose to celebrate!  I choose to live in the moment!  I choose to enjoy every minute of my special day!  Happy Birthday to me!

I dream of chocolate cake and wonderful goodies!~~ yum!

Happy Birthday Cake Gift Tote - Gourmet Food Gift Basket

Chocolate Fudge Birthday Cake 7"

Happy Birthday Cake in Solid Milk Chocolate

The Thought of Me - Guided Journal: Capture your thoughts at every age. Once a year journaling. (Diary, Birthday, Gift, Notebook)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading with me. I would love to hear your thoughts on what you just read!