Hanging In There

Run number three completed for this week. Not as bad as the last two, but still not as great as I want to be.  I think I'm putting too much on myself, stressing me out in doing this. It was, is supposed to be fun & a stress reliever right?  What happened?  I am thinking too much, that is what! I am over processing and not taking my 'me' time for what it is supposed to be.   A time for me to de-stress, get some workout in, and just let go!  Instead it is as if I am competing with myself!

Perhaps it has a lot to do with me feeling as if I'm keeping my workout partner back.  She is fitter than I am, she is younger than I am, and she can go much faster than me.  Plus I told her that I don't want to hold her back because I know she will be running a marathon in a month's time!  "It's a half-marathon, a half-marathon" she tells me. Then she says to me that it's OK, she doesn't mind.  I'm glad to hear that.  I made her run ahead of me a bit and told her I will meet up with her and I promise not to stop running.  She asked me to promise not to stop running, and I didn't!  She made her way ahead of me, then turned around and ran back, and then we completed our run!  Isn't she the greatest?!

Comments