Welcome to November!

Welcome to November dear readers!  It's almost the end of the Year 2010. Not only are some of us experiencing cooler weather; November is a time for family, dear friends and when we look forward to the Holidays!  Can you smell that pumpkin pie yet? This is also the time when you (should) take a look at your year to see how far you've come since making those Resolutions in January and give yourself a pat on the back for any goals you have accomplished so far!  If you're not there yet, see which goal should remain your sole focus for the rest of this year!




Make up your mind!

You know what my problem is? Not that you know that I have a problem, and this is just a rhetorical question for you my dear reader, but you know what my problem is?  I tend to think too much.  Yep I do!  I'm referring to me personally about what I want to do with my life!  OK, so you might say to yourself, "Well, she's not a teenager, she's not a 20-something who should be worrying about these things"; you might also ask yourself, "Well, shouldn't she have figured out these things by now, at her age?" 

Guilty as charged!  Yep, I'm not a teenager, nor am I a 20-something, and I should have figured it all out by now! At least that's what I tell myself!  Laugh out loud at me! Cue violin, how much time do you have to hear my life story?!  Seriously though, not all of us have it all together, not all of us know what we really want to do in life, I mean, KNOWING WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO DO!  Not just as a whim, not just to make some buck, but to sit in it, plant your feet in it, enjoy it, live it and grow, becoming a success at it, even ICONIC! Yeah, I want that, I want that thing that I've been searching for since I was 20-something! That career that will make me happy, while earning my living doing it!

It's not just about the money, although being able to fend for ones self is very important!  It is pretty much about peace of mind; contentment; pleasure; that sense of completeness.  Completeness?!! OK, so maybe that's taking it a bit too far!  Take for example a dear friend of mine who decided to become a masseuse, took the course, became certified, is doing what she loves!  Another dear friend, who after going through her degree program, decided that's not what she wants, she wanted to do something else, she is going after that which will be a much better fit for her.  You see, not everyone will know what they want to do in life all of the time, but eventually they will find out, and when they do, go after it with all the passion they should.  So what's my problem?  Well, I think too much, remember?  There are several things I like to do and I need to pin point that one thing which I will be really good at and go for it!  I'm almost at that point, identifying what I love to do the most, above everything else.  This should not be so hard right? Right!  We'll visit this topic again, after all, am I not trying to pursue my unfulfilled dreams?

Comments