Christmas Spirit

Do you feel it? The Christmas Spirit? Do you even know what I'm talking about? You know that Andy Williams song, "It's the most Wonderful time of the year"

-  "....with the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you' ll be of good cheer its the most wonderful time of the year, its the hap-happiest season of all with those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings when friends come to call its the hap-happiest season of all, there be parties for hosting marshmallows for toasting and carol-ling out in the snow...."



Are you feeling that spirit yet? It does make you feel really happy inside doesn't it?  It's even more wonderful when you have children around you, they make it such a joy! Of course for them it's filled with thoughts of what Santa Claus will be bringing for them on that special day. For some of us it's the memories of our childhood and all the happiness of Christmases past!  Hopefully all of your memories are filled with happy times, I know mine is. It's very special to me because this season has the best memories and it was my parents favorite time of year! 


Don't get too caught up in the retail version of Christmas to enjoy it. Do enjoy whatever you plan to do for yourself, friends and family. But don't get stressed out over it. Try to find time within all the noise that this season brings to reflect and give thanks.  Remember to take a little time out for you!




I found the most interesting site.  The author writes about the Spirit of Christmas among other things. http://www.biblebb.com/files/mac/80-152.htm


The Christmas Spirit: Memories of Family, Friends, and Faith


[Andy Williams lyrics (w/spelling corrected) from http://www.biblebb.com/files/mac/80-152.htm ]

Comments

  1. Hey Donna,
    It's taken me awhile this Christmas to get inthe spirit. It wasn't that I was anti Christmas I just wasn't feeling anything. We did get our tree up and that helps. For me it's all about the music, the shows, the lights and I love how the kids are so excited during winter break. Thanks for reminding me to just enjoy the season. Merry Christmas to you and your family Donna.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K! Yeah, I hear you about the time it takes getting into the spirit of the season. So many of us so many stuff going on, sometimes we do forget what the real meaning of Christmas is. Some times some us take the retail part of it to heart, way over board, and especially if things are not as bountiful as they once were, feeling the Spirit would be rather hard to do... understandable! I think it's great you have found it and that your tree is up! I wish the same for you and yours K, a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading with me. I would love to hear your thoughts on what you just read!