Taking Chances

Do you ever feel as if the world is passing you by?  Everyone else seems to be having it all, doing so much better than you are, and they are reaping the rewards of one thing or another, despite the turmoil going on around us all where the economy is concerned.

I've often taken a step back to look at what is going on in my life, looking at what I need to change. A mental housekeeping of sorts.  However, as I have come to realize, I wasn't cleaning house as often anymore.  Until recently though, when  I stepped out of my shell as I did in the latter part of last year, and took a couple of chances...with great results...then it was as if I took two-steps backwards and fell with a thump.  Almost as if something was trying to interfere with my can-do-take-no-prisoners-spirit!  That has shook me to my core.  It has turned my world upside down and I am working on shaking that invisible force field that wants to keep me tethered.

It is not an easy thing to do, putting yourself out there, anywhere for that matter, out of your comfort zone.  As I wrote in one of my recent articles - you cannot let how others perceive you to be, stop you from doing what you want to do, or being who you are! (not verbatim)

I haven't been taking chances at all; the very thought of doing so now is giving me butterflies!  But I will. I will put myself out there and no matter the rejections, I will continue until I get what I want.  You know, that's so bad, I'm already predicting my failure by even thinking about receiving rejections!

Oh no dear reader, put that smile on, take that step, and do what you have been putting off until this very moment in your life. It is time for us, yes, you and me, to take that leap of faith, taking chances on our dreams!

Comments