The Door to the afterlife - does it really exist?

I'm a major fan of Being Human on the Syfy network, big fan, BIG FAN!  I watch the US version, not the UK version (though I like that one too, but don't follow it).  If you're familiar with this series, oen of the things that happens to people who die, at least, if they're human, at some point, a door appears with really bright lights and they are supposed to go through it.  Sometimes they open the door and go in (that's how we know there's a really bright light) and sometimes they choose not to because they're scared.
I have a question for you dear reader do you believe this door really exists?  An even more interesting question, do you believe in the afterlife?  I do. I believe in re-incarnation and also believe that there is an afterlife. Why would we have so many dreams about it when our loved ones die?  Or do you think it's our way of coping if we believe our deceased loved ones are in a better place, not of this Earth? When you think about it, why would so many people think the same way, believing the same thing?  It's definitely not because of the water!

From my own experiences, having dreamt other family members, especially both my mother and father when they passed on, who were so much happier and so much younger than I remembered them to be when they were alive. My mom actually had on red, her favorite color and was looking for a pair of red dancing shoes!  She found them, and off she went! Wow! My dad was with his families who passed on, and a dog I didn't even know in my lifetime, because I had already left home.  My sisters confirmed the existence of this dog, when I told them about the dream! Should I say it again?  "Wow"!  I believe my own experiences were more than just me needing to feel better about their deaths, because it took me a very, very, very long time to get to a place where I wouldn't just fall apart, long after their passing.

There are a variety of books about the afterlife and so many people have shared their own experiences about it.  Some people who came close to dying have seen a bright light, others, have gone off somewhere else.  Some even experienced meeting loved ones and other people they have known in their lives who died.  Some have even talked about seeing angels.  How can so many people be wrong?

 I don't know where the afterlife is, though I believe it's right here on Earth, we just cannot see it because we're in the land of the living.  Am I sounding really weird now?  Perhaps?  But It's really logical, if you believe in Jesus, and you believe that he died and rose from the dead, then you believe in the afterlife, in my opinion.

Comments