Twenty Thoughts on the Twentieth Anniversary of The Bodyguard Soundtrack

A long, long time ago, ever since I was a little girl, I have loved movies, especially movies with singing and dancing.  It was this love of music and dancing, and also acting that held my interest growing up, to this day, loving them as much as I do.

That said, Whitney Houston will always be one of my favorite singers (her voice will always be, to me, divine, even in death!), and as an actress for me, her role in The Bodyguard movie!  OMG~! Does that brings back memories for you dear readers? It does for me! I did buy the CD, and no, I have no clue where my copy disappeared to, up to this day (do you still have yours)??!!!  When listening to the music from that CD I would turn it up, full-blast and dance to it. I would be singing the songs, as loud and emotionally involved as if I was Ms. Whitney Houston herself......even if my voice was no match to her flawless one!  I cried at some songs, dance with most of them, and really felt every emotion she poured into that album!  Don't get me started on the movie....what can I say...I loved Whitney, and I also love Kevin Costner. I didn't see color in that relationship.  I couldn't care less.....he was my kind of guy, and she was my kind of girl in a relationship...it was just right to me! 

Ah the memories....which were brought on by my reading of the article linked in the title and below, written by Danielle Henderson on Vulture.com. The author, whom I have fallen blogglingly-in-crush with as a writer! Her writing is not just good, it's belly-laugh-hold-your-side good! Yeah, you know I go all out when I really like something! ~smiles~!

In listing her Twenty Thoughts on the Twentieth Anniversary of The Bodyguard Soundtrack.....not the movie mind you.....but somehow, to me, the two intertwines (IMO), Ms. Henderson in writing her list, at Number 4, stated that her mom loved to sing every one of those Whitney songs so much, over and over and her favorite of all the songs was “I Have Nothing”; which  she was blasting quite often, and at one point upon picking a young Ms. Henderson up from a school activity with tears running down her face, mortified her daughter!  That connected with me, because I can totally understand her mom right there!  

What are your memories of this wonderful soundtrack and the movie too?  To read the article by Danielle Henderson, go to the link below!

Twenty Thoughts on the Twentieth Anniversary of The Bodyguard Soundtrack

Comments