Me 'n My Fro ~ In Protective Mode

There are just certain times when you have to "stay low" (to coin a phrase) in order to take care of (or protect) something; most times that something might be related to an individual; or your health; or even a body part (for the athletically inclined); or something else of value to you personally!

For me, one if those "something" is my hair.  In fact, dear readers, for almost every woman, their hair will be listed among their valuables to take care of!  Our hair is what we consider a part of our beauty so why not?!  So this is why once in a while, or as often as I do make the time to, I will do what some black women do with their hair, put it in a twist.  This is when you take a section of your hair, separate it into two strands, and wrap it together (like a braid). Twisting my hair gives it a break from always combing or brushing it; and my hair is also not "left out" to the ("elements"), sun, wind, and other weather-related happenings that may cause damage to my hair.

d-foreverserenity.com
Me 'n My Fro in the Twists I did myself this morning

What I also love about this look is that I can pin it up, to give it different style-looks.  Or I can untwist it and it becomes a "twist out"!  During one of my recent twist-outs, I text-messaged a photo of the look to one of my BFFs because we were talking about our hair;
d-foreverserenity.com
A recent Twist-out

She loved it and was surprised that I was thinking of having braids or other extensions put in because not only did my hair look great, it has grown and gotten longer since I began wearing my hair in a non-relaxed style, a.k.a. Natural, and did the big chop! She was right of course, one just have to make the time to take care of oneself. 

As with anything you do dear readers, you have to make the time, put the work in and then you reap the rewards! Most times you have to create the success you want in your life. Sitting around and doing nothing, or waiting too long for everything else to go "right" for you to get moving on your plans and goals is not the thing to do!  Why wait? Grab your dreams, make IT happen, one step at a time. You will see the Universe beginning to line up, pushing you to your destiny! That my dear reader is the "God-factor" at work!

Comments