At What Price, Beauty?

I often talk about my body, the way I look, my goals to lose weight, whether I'm working out, or not working out, what I'm eating, indulging in, what I'm not eating, what I crave.....I go on and on and on.  And so do so many of us in the world dear readers.  So do so many of us.  We are as obsessed with food as we are with our looks. Why is that?  I believe we all know the answer to that.

Do we just say simply, "Because of the Media (magazine, television, etc.). Do we say, "Because of the designers, etc.  What do we say exactly?  We are so obsessed to the point of so many people have distorted images in their heads of themselves.  They don't like what they see in the mirror and they go to the extreme to change their own perception of what they look like!

If you follow the link below, it will take you to a Pinterest page that features people who have changed themselves because of their distorted views of themselves. Now there are some photographs of women who are without makeup, that's actually nothing to me.  I don't look so great when I'm not made up...I'm always tired, I can't imagine the actresses who are as well.  However, that's just my perception of me!  Don't do the injections in your body parts, or do surgery to make your butt bigger, or the lip enhancement that changes who you are......just don't do it!


http://pinterest.com/sheiladavis427/distorted-beauty/


While I don't see anything wrong with a little "tweaking" being done to anyone who chooses to, but by someone who is qualified to do it!  It is also not a good thing to take your tweaking to the extreme!

I'm not a doctor of any type; I'm not a psychologist of any type.  I am however, a woman, and I am a mother.  I am a woman who has had body issues my entire life. Through it all, I continue to focus not just on my body, but on me the individual!  Yes, I am still fighting my body-demons.  However, that doesn't mean that I do not love myself!  I do.  You have to learn to love and accept yourself, "warts" and all! It isn't an easy fete, and it will take some getting used to, but you can!  Be you! Love you! Accept you! Dress the way you want! Wear what you want to wear! Become the diva that is you!




Comments