Musical Obsession - The Hunger Games Songs from District 12

Did you see the movie The Hunger Games?  Me too! However, I waited until it came out on DVD and couldn't wait to finally watch it! I actually loved the movie, quite a lot, and you know what else I rather enjoyed, a lot more?  The music!  I loved the sound track so much I got the CD and have been playing the music all week while I work at my desk!  I even discovered a fan in my running buddy, remember her? Yes, we don't run together anymore, but she is still a good friend.

Sidebar, she now runs w/her fiance, and they support each other's fitness quest..which is totally cool!  Anyway, she runs to the music from that CD as well! I just introduced her to the new Phoenix CD which will be in a future article!  

So if you have seen the movie, (and no we're not talking about the book or anything else right now) you must have enjoyed the songs featured in the movie?!  Let me say that I love the combination and the variety in the music showcased and really can't stop playing it!


Photo from:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/brokendownlover/6608549961/in/photostream/Use of this photo: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/deed.en


Of the songs, these were hauntingly beautiful: Tomorrow Will be Kinder by The Secret Sisters; Daughter's Lament by the Carolina Chocolate Drops and Safe & Sound by Taylor Swift.


                                         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVWtNSZU1I


Love, love love,  Take the Heartland by Glen Hasard and The Ruler & the Killer by Kid Cudi...made me feel like a head-bangin'-metal-fan, that I'm not...but their music transformed into one...temporarily!lol!


                                             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBo48uu-8LY


I know this is all last year's music, but right now, this is my new musical obsession!


The music uploaded from youtube.com is use only for comparison.   I do not own the song, lyrics or rights to this video.  The music is being used to showcase musicality and love of music. You can watch the videos directly at youtube.com, and also go to any of your musical online sources.

Comments