40 Days & 40 Nights: My Month of Not Eating Meat

Donna Foreverserenity
Mussels, Garden Vegetables & Rice
I cannot believe that I am going into my fourth week of not eating meat, and I haven't reported about it once on my blog???!!!!!  I have posted a couple of Instagram photos though.  It has been such an experience for me going through this journey. 


Donna Foreverserenity
Rice & Beans w/Spinach & Red Peppers
I began this journey because of a promise and a prayer for Lent. It is said that you give up your luxury and make a meaningful sacrifice when you Fast.  As I mentioned in the first article telling you about this, I usually give up chocolate.  This time I gave up meat.  I cook meat almost everyday, and not having it with my evening meals was quite an experience. Especially since I still had to cook meat for my family while Fasting.  

The very smell, the look, the dishes were so tempting....however, I'm happy to report that I did not give in!!  

My Fasting journey ends soon. I'm taking this all the way to Easter Sunday!!! That's going to be one meal I will not say no to!

Comments