Flora & Fauna: The Beauty of the Plant World

I love plants.  Did you know that about me dear readers?  I'm sure I've mentioned that before?  I have a green thumb and I'm so glad I do.  There was a time I didn't though.  Maybe it's because I'm older and I'm finally learning to appreciate life differently?  Whatever it is, plants like me!lol! Yep, we have a love affair going on!

See this photo below? I bumped into it while searching for a word on Google.  I was so fascinated by it, I had to share the beauty of it with you and ask if you have ever seen it before?  I have never seen anything like this! WOW!  I would love to see it in person!

(Photo: © Mark Steinmetz)
Article linked below at end of this write up


This is a California Fungi called Helvella Lacunosa aka Black Elfin Saddle. Even the name is so gorgeous!  But guess what?  It is edible!  Yes you can eat it because it is in the mushroom family!!!! OMG!!! I'm so amazed at this, I'm like a little kid at Christmas!  

I'm going to post the link to the web page I visited so you can read all about it.  Have you ever seen it before?  Have you ever eaten it...would you eat it?  Do share.  

Facts about the Helvella Lacunosa.

Comments