Operation Motivation: Visualizing helps your Psyche

I'm sure you've heard the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" dear readers?  I so agree with that saying.  You can look at a photograph and see what is happening, for the most part, without anyone saying anything about it.  I find this particularly fitting when it comes to scenic photos.  

For example, any kind of beach scene or photo of a lake, even of someone having fun, can let you mentally drift off, "visualizing" yourself in the scene you are viewing.  I think those types of photographs are the best; much like photographs of babies, or children laughing; puppies; and most types of animals, and even photos of beautiful people ranks high especially when it is someone you admire.  I also like looking at inspiring photographs such as those before and after photos; and of a new dream car!
Operation Motivation Visualizing helps your Psyche

If you have never really used a photo to help you to relax, you should try it.  To me its almost a form of meditation to stare at a photo of a sunrise, or sunset, or some scenic far-off place, doing that totally changes my mindset, however briefly, and puts me in a better frame of mind.  All can be well with the world!

With this in mind, here's a photo I took the other day, I was doing yoga stretching and glimpsed the sun rising in the sky, it was so beautiful, I had to snap a photo that I knew I would use again, and again.  Let me know if you are able to use it to help you to relax, or share what thoughts come to mind when you see it?  I'm curious to know.  Do you chant, hum or stay silent when you meditate? 



Comments