Best Run Ever


I finally got back on the road again, that's just my metaphor for "the park" where I usually run when I'm not on a treadmill at the gym. It's been so long since I ran...it seems to me that I would be starting all over again! You know, going slow, probably huffing & puffing... but oh no, it wasn't and was I surprised!

The weather was overcast, but I had to, I had to go out and run because I needed it.  If you run, you'll know what I'm talking about!  So as soon as my work day ended, I changed and literally ran...(drove) as quickly as I could to my favorite place.  It's bad that I didn't even stretch before I ran...yep...not a good thing to do. But that didn't matter, I just wanted to get out there. So I put my music on, choosing the free music I downloaded recently, Demi, (check out my musical obsessions) and oh what a choice that was!  Every song was just perfect. The uptempo took me into slow tones, into really piercing vocals...Demi Lovato has grown up!

I ran the way I've always wanted to, without thinking about anything, I just let go, and moved. 1.47 miles by the time I was done. Not too shabby for getting back on the wagon don't you think dear readers?

Comments