Operation Motivation: How to Let Go


Life with its series of ups and downs, turns, and twirls can sometimes be such a death-grip of unhappy moments in our lives, isn't that so dear readers? Because of this if you listen to what's going on inside of your head, your thoughts can be confusing and relentlessly push you to doing what you would never think of doing, such as giving up, which you would never do "in a million years".  

You know what you should do?  Get up and out of that head-space, aka your thoughts, reach out and get hold of someone who will listen to you vent. Because were you to follow your thoughts you would just lie where you are and not move. Seriously.  If you are in a funk and you need to get out of it!  I know you might feel totally defeated. 


After all, life just does't seem to be going your way right now. It's fucking hard and you've had just about enough of all the shit any one person can take, right? I know, I've been there, one too many times.  I was six months ago, couldn't you tell?  To be honest it's been a series of ups and downs professionally, which bled into my personal life. I'm not ashamed to say that to you.  But today I can truly and honestly say that life is improving, it's looking much better, mind you it's not all smooth sailing all of the time, but it has gotten decidedly much better for me!  Do you want to know why?  I will tell you and you must promise me that you too will make a deciding factor to change your own circumstances too.

No, I didn't inherit or win anything. Dang, if I could just do that...my dream foundation would happen like tomorrow!lol!  (hey I said that out loud didn't I, a secret goal of mine) anyways, back to you.... I changed my outlook, the way I think, the way I let others affect the way I feel about myself. You would be surprise how much we let what other people think and how they feel, how they react to us, or behave towards us affects our psyche in such a major way it's freaking damaging to not just our spirit, but to our soul.  Stop listening to them, tune them out. So you want to wear orange with red, why can't you?  You want to go after that dream, that goal that seems so unreachable that you just don't know how to start, where to go? Why not take one step and write your thoughts down. How are you going to do this, what can you do to begin?  What is the simplest, easiest thing that you can do that won't cost anything at this point? Find that one thing and do it.  Go to the Library, they are a great resource.  You're in front of that computer/laptop a lot, go to Google and search your heart out.  But do this, make notes, again write things down.


If instead what you're going through now is health related, have you been to the doctor? Are you doing something to figure out the problem?   Don't like what you heard? Get a second opinion then?  Just don't sit there and cry.  Stop and go get the help you need, and then you cry with tears of happiness and relief, because it may not be as bad as you think!   Along with changing my thinking, I began to trust God more, just letting go and trust in him.  Because somehow I would always wrestle the problem back to myself and carry all that burden on my own shoulders. How is he going to help me when I keep playing this tug-of-war?   You never know what it is exactly that you need to do with your life, am I right? Why would you be going through so much all of the time? Why can't it ever go your way?  Do you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, this is your test?  Yes, I said it, a test...as corny as it sounds, please hear me out with all this religion stuff.....maybe this is your time, this is your time to really be where you are destined to be.  So like me, you need to just let go.  Let go and pray. Because of prayer, it grounds me, keeps my faith, keeps me hopeful and gets me through my day.  If you are not the praying kind, then meditate, read something inspirational, do whatever it is that you do to make your spirit flow, that uplifts you so that you don't feel the way you do right now.

Hope may not be able to put food on your table.  But maybe it can give you the idea you need that will help you to find someone who will.  

Comments