Getting in the Christmas Spirit

So this year, our Christmas season dragged on enough, for as long as I could without having dressed the new tree that we finally bought dear readers.  Remember I mentioned that we needed a new tree? Well, Amanda and I went out and got one, a white one which I posted on my social network as having gone totally non-traditional and you know what?  We love it!
Amanda striking a pose

It has been a mixture of reasons, which included my brood not being too much into the spirit this year. What's a mom to do? It's been a year of ups and downs, things are not perfect, yet this is our (my) favorite time of year, and as their leader (yes, LEADER) I had to get them back on the ball!

I woke everyone up this past Sunday stating, "We are all going to Christmas service, no excuses". I reminded them I don't force everyone to go to church every week, but I do have the caveat that Christmas, Easter and New Year services are in order without fail!

Hubby broke the ranks. Sometimes a wife as just got to know when to give up, just for a bit, I'm leaving him in God's hand to remind him and left him alone until next time.  So we went off to church, Amanda, Adam and me. I was surprise and so happy to see their older sibling and my gran and her F.I.L. in tow at service too.  Her hubby has not been doing well with a new illness which has been one of the downs for us this year, so it was great for us to be in church.

After a great service we decided to hang out in the park nearby for a bit, and of course mommy had to take some pics!

Adam, Jaden (JJ), Amanda & Jessica

I got in on the photo w/Adam

JJ & Amanda are such posers! (do you see the surprise in this photo? Leave me a comment if you do)!

I got home, cook dinner and then began to dress the tree.  Then everyone got involved when there I was thinking they didn't care anymore!!!! Thank you Lord....~mommy smiles~!
Daddy & Mandi decorating!


Comments